Thursday, August 25, 2011

To Your Mark... GO!

That's right, here we go!

I thought I would start a blog oriented toward newcomers to the great sport of cross-country. I'm the coach of the frosh-soph boys cross-country team at Alameda High School in Alameda, California. It's my second year as one of the assistant coaches, and the head coach and other assistant want to focus on the more experienced runners. So that means I get to introduce lots of guys to the sport.

My plan for this blog is to take you through all of the various elements of the sport, eventually. I expect that topics will pop into my head from time to time, perhaps from something that happens at our practices or races. Hopefully people will read what I write and ask questions ("What the heck did you mean by that?!") or make comments ("You are out of your head on that one...."). I'll occasionally add some photos, and if you have any good ones, you can send them to me and maybe I'll post them.

Enjoy!!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment